Even if you happen to’re group summer season like me, you’ve acquired to confess that September is an appropriate time to begin having fun with pumpkin. These flippantly sweetened honey oat pumpkin muffins got here collectively after I was making an attempt to improve an previous recipe, and so they definitely don’t disappoint. They’re Tim and Cooper accepted, too (although, Tim in fact requested I add chocolate chips subsequent time round).
Leap to Recipe
When to Eat Em’
These are tremendous versatile and acceptable nearly any time. They’re excellent pre-workout both by themselves, or topped with some additional honey and/or nut butter, relying on how lengthy you’ve earlier than you sweat. You’ll be able to pair with fruit and nuts or a tough boiled egg for a filling afternoon snack. Two of them topped with nut butter made for a very good on the go breakfast one morning earlier than a TV phase for me final week, too. And naturally, there’s dessert, the place I do agree with Tim and would
squeeze pack some chocolate chips in.
Pumpkin Well being Advantages
Pumpkin is greater than a warming fall taste. Along with being full of loads of carotenoid antioxidants, which assist eye well being in addition to pores and skin, hair and nails, pumpkin could even calm the digestive tract. Different research recommend that pumpkin extract can have a hypoglycemic impact, benefiting these with or who’re at excessive threat of diabetes, so ingesting it in it’s complete meals type can’t harm!
Honey Well being Advantages
Uncooked honey has a barely decrease glycemic impact when in comparison with white sugar, so I attempt to use it in lieu of white sugar for every day sugar wants. That isn’t in any approach to say I keep away from refined sugar, as I’m positive it’s added to some packaged meals I purchase and in addition is the rationale frosting exists. Nonetheless, since I do know that blood sugar spikes influence my nervousness, I strive to decide on decrease glycemic choices when possible and pair them with protein, fiber and fats if it isn’t earlier than a exercise.
Uncooked honey additionally accommodates greater antioxidant ranges when in comparison with honey that has been heated (most honey on retailer cabinets) and has been proven in analysis to be simply as efficient as well-liked sports activities gels in supporting endurance exercise. 1 ingredient win proper there!
- Flours: Be happy to make use of a complete wheat pastry flour, sprouted wheat flour, spelt flour, or simply plain previous wheat or unbleached white. I’ve not tried the recipe with any gluten-free choices, so if you happen to do, please go away a remark and let me know the way it goes!
- Vegan possibility: Whereas these are known as “honey” muffins, you may definitely swap honey for a pleasant thick, actual, maple syrup.
- Pumpkin pie spices: My go-to’s are Dealer Joe’s or Merely Natural’s pumpkin spice blends. If you wish to make your personal, right here’s a recipe I exploit every now and then and is included in my pumpkin spice power chunk recipe.
- 1/four C cinnamon
- four tsp ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ea: nutmeg and allspice
- 1 tsp clove
Honey Oat Pumpkin Muffins
These flippantly sweetened honey pumpkin muffins are excellent any time of day from pre-workout to dessert. They are often made vegan with a easy swap!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax set with 2.5 tbsp water)
- ¼ cup uncooked honey
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup soy milk or different non dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fast or rolled oats
- 1 cup complete wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine all moist components in a bowl with a whisk or hand mixer.
In a separate bowl, whisk all dry components collectively.
Slowly incorporate the dry into the moist combination, however don’t over mix.
Pour batter evenly into a typical muffin tin.
Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes earlier than transferring to a wire cooling rack.